It's Just Like Not Being There
This is the final resting place for a journal I spammed to all my friends while I lived in India. It starts at 2:00 pm, Thursday, October 21st, 1999 and ends at 11:37 PM Sunday, April 30th, 2000.
58 entries. 140 photos. 8 movies.
I found out after the last exercise they're called 'travelogues' which is French or something for travel logs. I've heard that everyone loves a log but these are no logs. I never planned to record everything. I don't know if you could call it traveling. I do know that it's just like not being there.
The intent has always been to dish real-time info. That's the arrangement. And thanks to my purple and gray Sony PCG-Z505SX laptop with the triple capacity battery, the news is fresh, with a 48hr max lag time. When I don't have access to my laptop, I write with a PEN. Oh my gosh!.
Know this: that my favorite writer, even after an expensive liberal arts university education, is a sub $10 restaurant reviewer for a San Francisco weekly paper. Still, I'll gladly share my journal writing with you if you don't raise a stink.
Finally, this from Primco's General Counsel, Eben Carlson: "Go on! By all means go on! Don't even say that you won't go on. The one thing I've learned from writing is that they're a) maybe not going to read it, b) maybe not going to pay attention, c) probably not going to feel it, d) definitely not going to do anything different, and e) never going to go into what they didn't like about it. It's the perfect form because those who don't want to hear just hang up. Nice and intimate but easy to say no thanks. They see the love, I see the love! - as just how much and that you wrote! The love is in the writing and distributing, not that what you say might implicate us. We are great at excusing us from your equations, don't worry."
- Angeles, Take Two
- In de pendence day
- Read Here for Information on India
- Mani Bhavan Gandhi Sangrahalaya
- I Live in a Treehouse
- Random Stuff About This Place
- Straws, Bucks and Lawns
- Coming and Going
- Any Ol' Punk Will Do
- The View from Swaraj Terrace
- No Bowling Alleys or Prostitutes in This One
- Bowling Alleys: Only For the Young, Rich and Bored-Trendy.
- <meta name='keywords' content='sex, sex, sex, sex, sex'>
- I Met some Boys On a Train to Pushkar
- I Met some Boys On the Street in Pushkar
- Bus-tin a Move
- Pinky Eyes, They're Watchin You, They See Your Every Move
- What You Write when You're in a Sleeper Car
- Birthday Boy
- Movie Review
- Pretty Long, but Every Word the God's Honest Truth
- Givin Props
- Sticking With Strict Chronological Order, Here It Is
- Here's some more
- German Optics
- Shopper's Alert
- Multi-Infarct Dementia
- Let us now praise protocol pioneers
- Thirty Four
- Cookie Cutter
- What Does Your Soul Look Like?
- Bye Bye, Swaraj Terrace
- Long, Boring Writing About a Short, Exciting Skateboard Ride
- Swingin For the Cheap Seats
- Request Timed Out
- Ah, Bed. "With Two Mattresses, Please."
- Giving Birth
- Momma, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up
- This Journal Cost Me Sixty Dollars
- The Mahanagari Express
- We Got a Floater!
- Kiss My Holi Ass You Punks!
- Better Yet, Kiss My Diseased Holi Ass, You Punks
- Indian Beauty
- Exhibition Cum Sale
- The Puff Guide
- Man Surrounded by Tea: "Let's See some Magic Folks!"
- Sikkimese Graffiti
- Pelling Hotel Play-By-Play
- Brrrickfist Sah?
- Singapore Slingshot
- The Situation Is Right for a Lovely Fight